Write once compile everywhere
Gynoid is an innovative framework, that allows developers to write fast and lightweight applications for mobile platforms with only one codebase....stop to revedelop your mobile applications with new platforms!
Here are the key features of this framework:
- native code
- fast and small footprint (we don't reinvent the wheel we only wrap native apis)
- multi-os (wince, symbian, iPhone and may be Android if google allows it and provides a native toolchain with enough permissions)
- Object oriented (done with wrapper above C apis)
- can be called by any languages (ruby, python, .NET, ...)
- open source under LGPL license to allow its use in commercial products.
iPhone is a special case and will use a commercial license because Apple doesn't allow dynamic linking with third parties libs.
- Common IDE (I am already using codelite to compile with msvc compiler, cegcc, iPhone toolchain)
- Garbage collected : will be based on D language but compiler is not ready yet and I hope support for gnu compilers will be better in futur. I already have a D cross-compiler targetting windows CE but when it was done we did it with the 2.0 language version that is not stable. In the futur I hope someone will contribute to the D gnu compiler.
Gynoid is available in a dual license, LGPL or commercial.
|30 May 2009||Official start of gynoid project|
View more news...